First let me apologize for the long hiatus from posting. To be honest, I have enrolled in a graduate program and time, not to paint, but to photograph painted miniatures half decently, is at a real premium. I also don’t have a real photo setup, so often find the pictures lacking. Even so I wanted to get these up in the hope of getting some other people excited about finishing their Lasalle armies.
Anyway, here is a core French force with with additional 2 attacking units (1 Vet. & 1 Conscript) as well as the additional commander attacking offers. The attacking units still need to get based, the paint is probably still drying as I type. The SK bases and officers need a bit of paint as well. Work was nice enough to call a snow day tomorrow and I hope to have the figures painted tomorrow.
Artillery, Officers (WIP), and SK Stands (WIP)
I saw on TMP that the Perry Bros are releasing Hussars and Dragoons. Here is the plan for beefing out this army: a reserve battalion of plastic dragoons and a reserve battalion that consists of 1 large unit of Vistula Lancers (horses are already painted and lancers are primed!) and 1 Large Unit of plastic Hussars. I know that this isn’t in the Lasalle rulebook, but I’ll work on mocking up a high quality pdf. Think of the Flames of War online websites, except mine won’t be legal for anything….
And a teaser. I finished the first rank of a Spanish core. These guys are defenders, through and through, so I am not even planning on painting the attacking portion. These guys were painted in 4 days, so don’t look too close. 🙂
Most of a core French Penninsular force for Lasalle. I have one more conscript unit that did not make the photo and the artillery is on order. See the previous post on artillery.
Veteran Infantry. The list has both veteran and conscript infantry. The veterans have mounted officers.
Conscript Infantry. The officer are all walking, poor souls.
Attached Dragoons. The penninsular list has a single small unit of attached dragoons.
Casualty Markers. We know that these French will never be taking casualties, but incase my opponent forgets his markers, here are a few.
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, my Lasalle French are on their way to being finished. I still need to come up with a divisional battery. Ideally this should be represented by 4 guns, each on a base with a 45mm frontage. The Perry guns are terrific, but a battery would cost $64. A large chunk of change for the army. I also need to add limbers and therefore a bit more cash.
Out of adversery comes a plan:
Double the base size to 90mm and include a single gun. That means that I only need a pair of guns.
So a 90mm frontage is absolutely huge when 99.9% of the other elements in the army will be on tightly packed bases. I’ll pick up the following Perry pack in order to flush out the bases.
Artillery Base Filler:
Next up I need some way to represent these guns on the field when they are limbered. Once again the Perrys have come to the rescue. Check out this pack. I’ll base these guys on a single 90mm base with a few wagon wheels, a broken axle, and a poor 6lber that should be at the front.
Been working on the house 10+ hours a day, 7 days a week. Needless to say I’m shot. I am still enjoying painting in the evenings. Here are two units for Lasalle that I finished this evening. I still need to base them. I am going to use them as veteran infantry from the French Penninsular list. The mounted officers in the ranks will denote that they are veterans.
A couple of quick things:
1. I know that these are 1815 French. The Perry plastics are a wonderful value, fast to paint, and I can build 3 units from 2 boxes and a command blister.
2. These are painted as fast as I can paint. I definitely need to be in the right mood (or exhausted) to paint like this.
3. My printer is out of ink, so the casualty markers will be finished after a trip to Staples.
On to the pics:
A few more WIP shots. One of Jose de Espin, a famous guerilla chief. He is right out of Osprey’s Man-at-Arms # 332: “Spanish Army of the Napoleonic Wars (2) 1808 – 1812”. The second photo is of a casulty marker. I still need to seal the base, add basing materials, and secure the mini. He is just placed on at this point. I will make one casulty marker for each regiment that I do. Let’s hope the Perry Brothers bring out British Casulty figures soon.